Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Lines that get you stabbed

Conversations at the advanced lab are getting more useless by the day:




(Anyone): Nakita mo si _____?
Have you seen _____?
Andrew: Nakita, pero not in person.
Yes, but not in person. (not literal translation)
Dael: Sa jpg lang. (pronounced jay peg)
Yes, in jpg format. (not literal translation)


Jacq: Si Sr Vince, dumaan?
Did Sr Vince pass by?
Dael: Dumaan, pero hindi dito.
Yes, but not here. (not literal translation)


Dael: Umuulan ba?
Is it raining?
Andrew: Siguro. Sa ibang bansa.
Maybe. In another country.


Astig: Bakit ayaw magprint? (Looking on his tormented workstation)
Why doesn't it print?
Andrew: Hindi yan printer.
That's not a priner.


Loren to Dael: Peram ng charger.
Can I borrow your (mobile phone) charger.
Dael to Loren: Di na ko gumagamit ng charger.
I no longer use a charger.
Loren to Astig: Peram ng charger.
Can I borrow your (mobile phone) charger.
Astig to Loren: Wala akong dalang charger.
I don't have my charger with me.
Loren to Andrew: Peram ng charger.
Can I borrow your (mobile phone) charger.
Andrew to Loren: Di ako nagpapahiram.
I don´ t lend.


Calis: 'lang 'ya ka.
Shameless you.

No comments: